南京夜网419,南京夜网楼凤,南京夜网桑拿

Powered by Sz5766!

December, 2018

Girl, 12, sexually assaulted by man with knife on way to school

A 12-year-old girl sexually assaulted on her way to school on Monday morning was able to give a “very clear” description of her attacker despite the ordeal, police say.
Nanjing Night Net

The girl was walking to school along a path at Narara, on the Central Coast, about 7.45am when she was grabbed from behind and dragged into nearby bushland.

A man wearing camouflage clothing and wielding a hunting knife tied her up before she was sexually and indecently assaulted.

Police say the girl was eventually able to escape, running to school where she raised the alarm at 9am.

She was taken to Gosford Hospital, where she remained on Monday evening.

Police immediately began to investigate the incident, using police tape to cordon off a crime scene between Carrington Street and Reeve Street in Narara.

Specialist detectives from the Child Abuse Squad are involved in the investigation and detectives and uniformed police are expected to take to the streets in Narara on Tuesday to seek out potential witnesses.

Superintendent Danny Sullivan, from Brisbane Water Local Area Command, said the girl was on a common thoroughfare regularly used by students and dog-walkers when she was grabbed.

He said the girl was understandably distressed, but was working closely with police and hospital staff.

“She was able to give us a very clear description of the alleged offender,” Superintendent Sullivan said.

The man is described as being in his mid-20s, 175cm to 180cm tall, with a chubby build, grey/blond hair and blue eyes.

At the time of the attack he was wearing a knitted camouflage shirt, camouflage pants over navy blue pants and a camouflage hat, with a loose covering over his face that exposed his eyes and nose.

Police said he was also carrying a camouflage bag and is in possession of a hunting knife. Anyone who sees a man matching this description is urged to contact triple-0 immediately.

Superintendent Sullivan said police were working closely with the Department of Education to warn other students in the area.

He said the path where the girl was grabbed was used by many residents, including those travelling between their homes and public transport stops, so people may have information who have not spoken to police.

Police have asked anyone who may have seen something – even if they think it trivial – to come forward.

Detectives will man a command post at Narara on Tuesday so members of the community can speak to officers face-to-face.

Superintendent Sullivan said there was “rightly” community outrage about the attack.

“My daughter is the same age, and I know that feeling a parent feels when they hear a story like this,” he said.

“That’s why we’re working methodically and closely with our State Crime Command and doing all avenues of investigation.”

Those with information are asked to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. /*\n”,color:”green”, title:”Girl attacked”, maxWidth:200, open:0}] );}if (!window.gmapsLoaders) window.gmapsLoaders = [];window.gmapsLoaders.push(CreateGMapgmap2017415194958);window.gmapsAutoload=true;/*]]>*/

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Manus Island refugee compound to begin closure in weeks

Australia’s refugee processing centre on Manus Island will commence closure in two weeks, with asylum seekers told on Monday to “consider their options”.
Nanjing Night Net

The long-awaited closure will be complete by October 31, asylum seekers were told, as Immigration Minister Peter Dutton has previously indicated.

Those who have been found to be refugees will have access to temporary accommodation, while those who have not are being encouraged to go home voluntarily.

A PNG immigration official, believed to be centre co-ordinator Jeffrey Kiangali, told asylum seekers on Monday: “PNG, with Australian support, will close the Manus RPC [regional processing centre] by October 31, 2017.”

In a recording sent to Fairfax Media, asylum seekers were told: “You need to consider your options and make a decision about your future. Closure of [the] RPC is an opportunity to get on with your life.”

M Block within the Foxtrot compound will be the first to close, starting on May 28, with Foxtrot to shut entirely by June 30.

Those in the Foxtrot compound were told that once it was closed the power would be turned off and their belongings relocated. “The area will be locked and no one will be permitted to enter.”

The immigration officer said: “In coming months, other compounds will be closed and demolished.

“Everyone will need to move out of [the] RPC before it is closed down. Do not leave it too late to make a decision.”

Refugees could reside in the PNG community or live temporarily at a transit centre in East Lorengau, the men were told, but “no one will be resettled in Australia”.

Refugees are awaiting acceptance for resettlement by the United States under an agreement struck between Malcolm Turnbull and former US president Barack Obama.

The Manus Island facility has previously been slated for closure by October or the end of 2017 after the PNG Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.

While the detainees were told the move would not affect their refugee status or the eligibility for resettlement in the US, they were warned that “disruptive or difficult behaviour could exclude you from resettlement”.

Those with negative status were told they could voluntarily return to their country of origin with an Australian “integration support package” or be forcibly returned without assistance.

The deadline for applying for voluntary return with assistance was August 30, after which returns would be managed by PNG alone.

Many detainees who have been given negative refugee status say they refused to submit their claims because they feared resettlement in PNG after the violent riots at the centre in February 2014.

Others who did submit claims said they were unable to present their case effectively and should be reassessed.

Detainees say they fear being relocated temporarily to the transit centre and fear for their safety if they are resettled elsewhere in PNG.

Behrouz Boochani, an Iranian refugee and journalist at the centre, told Fairfax Media: “I’m sure they will threaten people to accept this decision. The refugees don’t want to live in PNG.”

News of the impending closure came on the day Manus Island police commander David Yapu admitted PNG soldiers had fired bullets directly into the refugee compound during a rampage on Good Friday.

PNG authorities had previously maintained the soldiers, described as drunken, had only fired their weapons “into the air”.

An Amnesty International report on the incident, released on Monday, verified two dozen images and videos from the rampage and concluded “with a high degree of certainty” that soldiers had opened fire on the facility.

Follow us on Facebook

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Cricket strike? Most likely it will end in a draw

Much as both Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers’ Association would like you to fear it, the first ball next summer’s series will not be from Stuart Broad to the winner of a Kanga Cricket raffle. Nor for that matter will it be his pot-bellied round-arm dad to Alastair Cook. That was as good as confirmed on Monday when that noted analyst of Australian cricket affairs, Kevin Pietersen, tweeted: “Fairly big player strike soon in Aus ….”
Nanjing Night Net

The Australian players won’t strike, nor will be they be laid off. It’s just that there is a certain amount of posturing each side has to work through in negotiations on a pay deal. Sometimes it is more shrill than others. This time, it is particularly strident, because the disagreement is about not just a quantum of money, but the principle under which is it is distributed, and because the cricket landscape is changing rapidly anyway, leading each side to believe that the time to act is now.

That is not to say neither board or players believe their own rhetoric. Each has a case. But they will not pursue it to the point either of walk-off or lock-out. That is because of two certainties. One is that sportspeople, in contrast to wage slaves, altogether would rather be working. The other is that industrial action by athletes garners little popular sympathy for either side. Fans distrust administrators anyway, and love players for what they do, not as an industrial cause.

An American journalist once characterised a stand-off between basketballers and owners as a fight between “millionaires and billionaires”. Something of that sentiment applies now. Nuance does not come into it; the only stake that matters is the unransomable Ashes, not who is paying whom however many noughts for what. That is for them and their managers to fret over.

That said, sportsmen (and increasingly, women) are in the rare position of being both the workers and the product. In 1975, as industrial rumblings began in the still pretty much amateur Australian Test team, mild-mannered Ian Redpath was seen to hold then board secretary Allan Barnes up against a wall, yelling: “Of course there are 50,000 out there who would play for nothing. But how good would the Australian team be?”

Two years later came the World Series Cricket revolution. Twenty years later, players and administrators were at loggerheads again over money. The players played harder ball than the board expected, leading to a place at the table for the newly-formed ACA and enshrinement of revenue sharing. But despite many threats to strike in the process, not even one ball was foregone.

Then, of course, the players had no alternative employment. Now they do, the endless – and lucrative _ round of T20 competitions. But when push came to glance, how many would bypass an Ashes series and risk public contempt to make a point beyond the decimal points they are already making? That question would test the playing cohort’s hitherto rock-like solidarity. Meantime, a familiar game goes on: claim and counter-claim, bluff and counter-bluff, oaths not to negotiate through media, negotiations through media, stalemate.

The best pointer this time might not be the past, but the neighbours. The AFL appears to have concluded its own protracted EBA negotiations, complete with much finger-wagging and vague intimations about a strike. The central issue also was revenue sharing. The cricketers want to preserve it, the footballers to introduce it. Eventually, the AFLPA settled for a hybrid arrangement by which some of their income was tied to revenue, the rest fixed.

Of course, the footballers could depend on the steadily rising value of broadcast rights and a lot of money upfront. It meant the AFL could have their plenty of their cake and eat it, too. Cricket’s worth to television is less certain, which is why CA is looking to restructure its deal with players in the first instance. But no cricketer is going to have to worry about a wolf at the door any time soon.

Whoever blinks first, expect it to be presented as a mutually knowing wink, and for David Warner to be taking strike rather than on it on day one at the Gabba in November.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

The five pain points that wrote the budget

There’s zero surprise in the federal budget giving the Turnbull government either no or only a little lift in the opinion polls. Repairing the damage of the Abbott Total Opposition years, rebuilding trust, will take time. But it’s a big and quite calculated start.
Nanjing Night Net

The 2017-18 budget’s backbone is made up of five key policy areas that just happen to be the five areas that nearly cost Malcolm Turnbull the last election. You could be forgiven for thinking the budget was framed more by focus groups than Treasury’s econocrats.

Aside from the general disappointment that Turnbull changed nothing before the last election, the five polling pain points for the government were “Mediscare”, education, housing affordability, the banking royal commission proposal and One Nation and its fellow populists.

Guess what the budget did?

1. Mediscare: Throw more money at GPs and drug companies and select specialists and hospitals, plus a “Medicare Guarantee Fund”, whatever that’s supposed to be. It’s all 180 degrees from any suggestion of co-contributions to deal with what our demographics will eventually do to the health budget.

2. Education: Cue Gonski 2.0. (As an aside, David Gonski also is chairman of the ANZ Bank. It’s a fair bet Prime Minister Turnbull didn’t mention anything about a Big New Bank Tax when talking him into saddling up for another education ride.)

3. Housing affordability: Both in the lead-up to and in the speech, Scott Morrison went long and hard about housing affordability. It’s not clear whether the many bits and pieces, perhaps good by themselves, will actually add up to much, but it fulfilled the need for the government to be seen to being doing something after wedging itself on negative gearing.

4. One Nation and fellow populist ratbags: There’s a whole body of work going into changing the government’s tone from hanging out with start-up hipsters in an abstract free-trade, Big Australia “innovation nation” to identifying with Southern Cross tats, sniffing at foreigners and liking local manufacturing. Renaming 457 temporary work visas, the other big new tax on hiring foreign workers, the general rhetoric about immigration tightening, whacking foreigners buying real estate with extra charges, taxes and conditions and loading up the National Party pork barrel – it’s all part of the dog whistle pitched at turning One Nation voters’ heads. And there’s competition for those heads in regional seats from Bill “White Australia First” Shorten.

5. Banking royal commission: If voters like the idea of a royal commission, they should be loving Morrison’s open season on banks. The bank tax has been the main news story since the budget, the watch puppies are all being told to growl more and then there’s the mysterious and yet-to-be-defined bank executives register that threatens to rub out the careers of executives with trouble on their watch. An interesting concept, minister – and if you can do it for bank managers, why not for???

Aside from those five budget-framers receiving money and rhetoric, there was the quiet abandonment of Abbott-era policies that didn’t resonate. When your net debt is forecast to peak at double the Labor level, maybe there’s no point screaming about a budget “crisis”. And extending the corporate tax cut to the big end of town? I’m guessing the backburner for that one is beyond the kitchen.

There are other shoes to drop. Industry continues to cry out for energy policy certainty, something that will only be achieved by rational carbon pricing. And the very hard work of real tax reform will have to be confronted one of these decades, but that’s only possible with either a genuine crisis or a government secure in its leadership and political capital. We don’t have either, yet.

Nonetheless, there also was zero surprise that there was a constant snarl in Shorten’s budget reply speech – ScoMo’s half hour upon the stage on Tuesday night had made the Opposition Leader’s life much harder. Instead of a pleasant stroll to the next federal election, Shorten will have to fight very hard indeed.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Jets playing for keeps in recruitment drive

FLYING HIGH: New Zealand keeper Glen Moss has signed a one-year deal with the Newcastle Jets and will challenge Jack Duncan for the leading role. Picture: Getty Images
Nanjing Night Net

THE recruitment of New Zealand international goalkeeper Glen Moss is just the start as the Jets go “full throttle” to build a squad capable of challenging for the A-League.

Mosswill join the Jets in July at the end of the All Whites’ commitments atthe Confederations Cup in Russia.

The 34-year-old, who has an Australian passport, has played 204 A-League games and will push incumbent Jack Duncan.

His signature is the first since the appointment of Ernie Merrick as coach and leaves the Jets with five places to to fill, including two visa spots.

Ben Kantarovski, whose salary earns a 50% concession in the cap, has been offered a one-year deal.

Mark Milligan, Nathan Burns, Mitch Nichols, Alan Baro and Marcelo Carrusca head a list of potential targets.

“We are not looking for players who aren’t wanted by other clubs,” Jets operations manager Joel Griffiths said.

“We are going for players who are soughtafter and aregoing full throttle and aggressive with recruiting.

“It is about timing and where that player wants to go. You have to be at the right place at the right time.”

Griffiths, who played alongside Moss in Wellington, said the recruitment of the Kiwi was a no-brainer.

Jets playing for keeps in recruitment drive TweetFacebook GLEN MOSSPictures: Getty Images“He will go to confedcup, which I think is great,” Griffiths said.

“It shows that he is still in good form and we get a really experienced keeper who can help Jack.He has a great work ethic. He is a winner, he helps players and thinks about others first. There is no ego.”

After five years in the Kiwi capital, Moss is looking forwardto a change of scenery.

“I am rapt to be coming to the Jets,” Moss said. “It’s a club that I have always thought quite highly of and always had good battles with in the past.I have been at Wellington for five years so changing environments and moving to a club that will not accept anything less than top results and playing finals football next year is something that has got me naturally excited.”

Moss, who made his international debut in a 1-0 win over Malaysia in 2006,will go into camp with the All Whites in Auckland next week.

“After the Confederations Cup in Russia I will come back and get straight into it with the Jets,” Moss said. “I find that it’s really good to have these tournaments in the off-season because it keeps me ticking over. I will be able to hit the ground running with the Jets from day one.”

It will be the third time that Moss has played under Merrick.

“I have coached Glen at two Clubs – Melbourne Victory and Wellington Phoenix – and have found him to be the consummate professional,” Merrick said.

“Glen is extremely capable both technically and physically, and he is a first class character.

“He brings a wealth of Hyundai A-League and international experience to the Jets and we are very fortunate to have his signature.”